[OpenAFS] Re: System resources requirements and performance tuning for AFS file servers

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:03:24 -0500

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 18:22:17 -0500
Brian Sebby <sebby@anl.gov> wrote:

> I’m starting a project to migrate our AFS cell from the ancient
> Solaris servers that it currently lives on to a number of RHEL VMs in
> our VMware infrastructure.  One of the significant issues we’ve had
> for a long time is that performance is lousy on our current servers,
> and I’d like to make that better.

Do you have a way that you're measuring "performance"? Like, throughput
of reading/writing files, or access response time, or how quickly
volumes release/move, or something else...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net