[OpenAFS] bos removeuser and vos dump -clone questions

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 07:52:10 -0400

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:17:02 -0400 (EDT)
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the master branch differs substantially from the 1.6 branch
> in that file (most notably, with Simon's work to allow identities in the
> UserList), so a direct cherry-pick fails terribly.  The patch would need
> to be recreated against 1.6, and I assume that no one has been
> sufficiently motivated to do so yet.

realpath() is broken enough that even the master branch isn't ideal.
The master branch passes a pre-allocated buffer that is hopefully large
enough but as noted in the man page, the right size is impossible to
determine.  Perhaps we should just avoid realpath() unless we know we
need to use it?