[OpenAFS] HP-UX support

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 3 Feb 2014 13:03:00 -0600

As I've mentioned to developers previously, the HP-UX build slave
machine will be going away soon. As this is the last machine I am aware
of where anyone builds OpenAFS on HP-UX, this means that OpenAFS' HP-UX
support will likely bitrot (and has somewhat already).

If anyone reading this wants OpenAFS to work on HP-UX, you need to speak
up. Currently the OpenAFS 1.6.x series does build on PA-RISC HP-UX
('namei' and 'inode'), but the 'master' branch does not; so the next
series after 1.6.x will likely not build on HP-UX.

If nobody says anything in response so this, I assume the code will stay
in the tree, unused, for a while, and after some amount of time (maybe
the 2.0-ish timeframe?) the relevant code may be removed from the tree.
And then we'll probably never have to worry about HP-UX again :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net