[OpenAFS] Problem with Windows 8.1

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:49:48 +0100

--GlIUPfUnAWm4P5eP1BjASJkqTqOur4nlp

Hi!

In recent times I got a interesting problem with OpenAFS, KfW and
Windows 8.1.

I still use Kerberos 3.2.2 32/64bit for Windows and a Windows 2012 AD
Server as krb server.
OpenAFS 1.7.29 64bit and 32bit tools are also installed.
I do use automatic logon and added the system to our windows domain.

Now I do login as user (I need to wait a short time after startup, or
OpenAFS is not loaded and profile cannot be load from OpenAFS filespace)
and profile gets loaded and all is fine.

Now I lock the screen with windows-e and the locked screen is shown.
If I now enter the password for the user to unlock the screen, a error
is shown "bad password".
I need to click on switch user, enter the username again AND the same
password as on the unlock screen, and I can login again.

Any idea why I explicit need to hit the switch user button and enter my
username again?

Thank you.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723