[OpenAFS] Re: Openafs kernel problems

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:00:20 -0600

On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 09:38:27 -0500
Dave Botsch <botsch@cnf.cornell.edu> wrote:

> kernel:         2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64

Just a little bit of more information about this. Apparently the
problematic code was also introduced in the RHEL 6.4 kernel series
(2.6.32-358*), but was quickly pulled out. Evidently from this thread it
was added again in the 6.5 series (2.6.32-431*) and maybe isn't coming
back out. I'm not entirely sure, since I can't find a changelog entry
for this, and redpatch.git is currently not helpful since it hasn't
caught up to the most recent versions yet.

If anyone wants to try to ask Red Hat about it, you'd be asking about
what versions include functionality related to the upstream Linux commit
I mentioned earlier (7732a557b1342c6e6966efb5f07effcf99f56167). I assume
they won't change anything for us, but it's always helpful to know what
they're going to be doing with it, if they have a specific plan or
timeline in mind.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net