[OpenAFS] Minimal toy OpenAFS install?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Sat, 15 Feb 2014 15:17:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014, Ken Dreyer wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM, fork <forkandwait@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I figure I would
>> install Kerberos and OpenAFS, but I am hoping to avoid BIND if I can.  I
>> thought I would install the Kerberos key server on the same machine as
>> OpenAFS, since it is a toy system anyway.
>

> By the way, if you're looking for a DNS server that's simpler than
> BIND, here's the dnsmasq.conf section that I use for my small OpenAFS
> cell and Kerberos realm:

Recent FreeBSD ships with unbound in base, instead of BIND.  It can also
do a simple setup, but I have lost the example I had, when my laptop was
stolen a couple months ago.

FreeBSD also ships a Heimdal KDC in the base system, but I was unable to
get things working without also having the DNS infrastructure in place.

-Ben