[OpenAFS] Linux OpenAFS & EncFS?

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:37:00 +0100

On Feb 17, 2014, at 19:48 , Jukka Tuominen wrote:

> Do you accept euros? :)
>=20
> I just think that this might be a good time to get European funding =
for Internet security projects like this?

It would probably take much more than adequate funding for a solid =
implementation to get such a feature in. In particular, more funding - =
and more time than a funding agency will ever grant you for delivering =
something.

> Personally, I feel a bit bad that a great system like OpenAFS needs to =
be stitched with a separate VPN and file encryption software, when it =
could be all built-in.

Combining tools doing their jobs well is not a bad strategy. Using EncFS =
with OpenAFS as the backend sounds interesting. Alas, it seems a bit =
stale.

	Stephan