[OpenAFS] Re: Extract files from /vicepa

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 14:41:26 -0600

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:57:55 +0100
Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wiesand@desy.de> wrote:

> In a perfect world, Andrew would now pick up your CVS repository,
> merge the improvements into the github one he mentioned, and start
> submitting the results to gerrit.openafs.org.

Do you mean under openafs.git, or something else? I plan on looking at
that CVS repo and putting the changes into git somewhere, but I hadn't
yet thought that it would go into openafs.

> I'd love to see the state of the art of this being part of our regular
> OpenAFS releases. Obviously, there's a real need for these tools.
>
> Are there any licensing obstacles?

No, the licensing seems pretty permissive. I thought there was some
desire to have some of the simpler tooling separate from OpenAFS itself,
like some of the other stuff in openafs-contrib. The README text makes
it pretty clear that at least the original authors wanted that; I
thought that jhutz and some users might agree with that, as well.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net