[OpenAFS] Re: DB servers "quorum" and OpenAFS tools

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:24:14 -0600

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:33:58 -0500
Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> The problem is that you the client to scan "quickly" to find a server
> that is up, but because networks are not perfectly reliable and drop
> packets all the time, it cannot know that a server is not up until that
> server has failed to respond to multiple retransmissions of the request.

So... what about issuing a multi_rx VL_ProbeServer, like I said in the
removed context? You only need to wait for one site to respond, and then
you can immediately kill the other calls.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net