[OpenAFS] Re: DB servers "quorum" and OpenAFS tools

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:48:57 +0100 (CET)

> I have long thought that we should be using multi for vldb lookups, specifically to avoid the problems with down database servers.

The situation is a little bit different for cache managers who can
remember which servers are down and command line tools which normally
discocver how the world looks on each startup.

If the 'we ask everyone' strategy is not used all the time but only on
startup, it will not happen that frequent. Probably not as frequent to
cause problems for the scalability folks.

Harald.