[OpenAFS] 1.6.6 and the mac firewall

Dan van der Ster daniel.vanderster@cern.ch
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 16:54:10 +0100

Hi all,
Apologies if this has been already documented, but I didn't find anything.

We have a Mac user complaining about problems with afs connectivity.
It appears that his local mac (mavericks) firewall is preventing
callbacks to 7001. When he turns off the mac firewall, we cmdebug to
his host.

Normally, signed executables can have ports opened (evidenced by the
similarly named checkbox in the system prefs). But since 1.6.6 is not
signed, I presume its ports are not being opened by mac os.

Is there a workaround for this, other than turning off the firewall completely?

Best Regards,
Dan

-- Dan van der Ster || Data & Storage Services || CERN IT Department --