[OpenAFS] Re: rxk: authentication expired

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:44:34 -0500

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:50:04 +0000
Brandon Allbery <ballbery@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> vos can't really sensibly check before each RPC (or worse, packet
> during a transmission --- as would have been needed here) whether to
> re-retrieve your token from the cache manager.

Well, it would be possible to do this, since we can see for how many
seconds in the future the token will be valid for, and refresh them
after that. It might be possible to alter the client security object
directly, so you wouldn't need to add a bunch of checks in call sites.

But just none of the relevant code does anything like that now.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net