[OpenAFS] Issue with immutable /usr

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Mon, 5 May 2014 19:17:42 +0200

On May 5, 2014, at 00:44 , Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Sun, 2014-05-04 at 13:17 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
>> In the default configuration of OpenAFS as shipped (1.6.7), the
>> systemd unit file attempts to edit /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB. In a new
>> method of OS deployment, called rpm-ostree[1], the /usr namespace is
>> completely immutable and versioned. FHS also dictates that services
>> are not to make changes in /usr (though with the FHS being in a bit =
of
>> flux, I can't actually see the standard anywhere to cite it).
>=20
> For whatever reason, the Red Hat-targeting releases of OpenAFS use the
> old Transarc paths instead of modern paths as used by, for example, =
the
> Debian-targeting releases. I suspect you just want to arrange to build
> RPMs based on the modern paths: remove --enable-transarc-paths from =
the
> configure parameters, and probably adjust %files to match.

At least the systemd unit file will still reference /usr/vice/etc, so =
it's a bit more than that.

And it's a change I don't see within the 1.6.x series.

One could build with --enable-transarc-paths, move /usr/vice/etc over to =
/etc/openafs-client, and package that plus a symlink /usr/vice/etc -> =
/etc/openafs-client . Maybe.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-