[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS client crashes on RHEL 5.10 and RHEL 6.5

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Tue, 13 May 2014 15:35:07 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> Due to the various bug reports filed about this issue, Red Hat has
> indicated that they are considering this issue a regression in Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux and will be providing a fix in at least RHEL 6.6 and an
> RHEL 6.5 update. Red Hat has not yet indicated that a fix will be
> available for RHEL 5, though they will probably be investigating a fix
> for that version.

I haven't seen anyone mention it here, so I thought it may be worth
pointing out that Red Hat has released a kernel update for RHEL 6.5
that includes the fix for this issue, as kernel 2.6.32-431.17.1.

See advisory here: https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-0475.html

And some technical details here:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/6.5_Technical_Notes/kernel.html

Marc