[OpenAFS] >2TB vicep partitions, windows client

Christian Lists chanlists@googlemail.com
Sat, 1 Nov 2014 16:48:09 +0100

--001a1141c372562bf60506ce0a1e

> > Dear all,
> >
> > we are seeing some issues with a file server with a 6TB vicepb
> > partition. Whenever I map a drive to a volume located on that server, it
> > shows -1024 B left of space, and the "slider" indicating storage usage
> > is red and indicates that the drive is completely filled up. The total
> > capacity reported corresponds to the quota (which is far from being
> > exceeded). This does not happen on our other file servers, which have
> > <2TB vicep partitions. Is this a known issue? Thanks a lot,
> >
> > Christian
>
> For some versions of file servers, yes, it is known issue.
>
> What versions of file servers and clients are you running?

1.6.1-3+deb7 from debian wheezy on the servers and 1.7.31 on windows7 x64
enterprise clients. Thanks,

Christian

--001a1141c372562bf60506ce0a1e

&gt; &gt; Dear all,<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; we are seeing some issues with a file server with a 6TB vicepb<br>
&gt; &gt; partition. Whenever I map a drive to a volume located on that server, it<br>
&gt; &gt; shows -1024 B left of space, and the &quot;slider&quot; indicating storage usage<br>
&gt; &gt; is red and indicates that the drive is completely filled up. The total<br>
&gt; &gt; capacity reported corresponds to the quota (which is far from being<br>
&gt; &gt; exceeded). This does not happen on our other file servers, which have<br>
&gt; &gt; &lt;2TB vicep partitions. Is this a known issue? Thanks a lot,<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Christian<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; For some versions of file servers, yes, it is known issue.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; What versions of file servers and clients are you running?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
1.6.1-3+deb7 from debian wheezy on the servers and 1.7.31 on windows7 x64 enterprise clients. Thanks,</p>

--001a1141c372562bf60506ce0a1e--