[OpenAFS] Re: IRIX support/documentation

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 4 Nov 2014 01:28:05 -0600

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 22:11:00 -0500
Todd Lewis <utoddl@email.unc.edu> wrote:

> On 11/03/2014 10:01 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> > [...]  Anything mentioning AIX could probably be moved around to a
> > less prominent place, if that helps, but maybe not actually removed.
>
> We're still running our servers on AIX.

Yes, that comment was made with AIX-using sites (a small but non-zero
number that I am aware of) fully in mind. I cannot imagine you
frequently refer to AIX-specific portions of the documentation, or that
openafs newcomers do/would; it tooks years to even notice that the AIX
client was unusable (rt 131725). I'm not even sure if what's in there is
even helpful/accurate, and it would be helpful if anyone from such sites
could take a look at the documentation that mentions AIX.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net