[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.5/1.6.10 - server segfaults during migration to rxkad-k5

Volkmar Glauche volkmar.glauche@uniklinik-freiburg.de
Thu, 06 Nov 2014 13:56:56 +0100

Dear all,

I have started migrating our AFS cell (OpenAFS 1.6.5) to use rxkad-k5 =20
following the instructions in =20
http://www.openafs.org/pages/security/install-rxkad-k5-1.6.txt and =20
http://www.openafs.org/pages/security/how-to-rekey.txt.
After installing the rxkad.keytab everything seemed to work fine. =20
However, when I began restarting the servers, I got reproducible =20
segfaults in libkrb5.so.

Some more details:
Linux distro - Gentoo, kernel 3.8.13
OpenAFS - 1.6.5/1.6.10 on servers, 1.6.5 or newer on clients
Kerberos KDC - Heimdal 1.3.3
Kerberos on OpenAFS servers and clients - MIT Kerberos 1.12.2 or newer

I extracted the rxkad.keytab on the Heimdal KDC using Heimdal kadmin =20
-l and distributed the file to the OpenAFS servers.

strace of a starting server process shows that the old KeyFile and the =20
rxkad.keytab file are read. The segfault occurs right after closing =20
the rxkad.keytab file. I'm not sure whether it is an issue with =20
OpenAFS, MIT Kerberos or build options for either software, but maybe =20
someone on this list has seen a similar issue?

Best,

Volkmar

--=20
Freiburg Brain Imaging