[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.6.5/1.6.10 - server segfaults during migration to rxkad-k5

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 7 Nov 2014 12:42:09 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-11-07 at 11:15 -0600, Andrew Deason wrote:
> > It seems likely the 0 kvno is the problem. We only copy in a principal
> > if the kvno in the keytab is greater than 'vno' in
> > akimpersonate.c:pick_principal, which starts out at 0. I assume that's
> > valid and we just hadn't encountered this yet?
>
> I don't think it's supposed to be possible to have a kvno of 0 with a
> true Kerberos (4 or 5). kaserver, on the other hand, considered it valid
> and used 0 as the initial kvno; this has caused problems for me in the
> past when migrating from kaserver to Kerberos.

If I remember correctly, kvno 0 was used by certain versions of windows'
krb5 implementations, but the Unix krb5 implementations do not generate it
without manual override.

-Ben