[OpenAFS] Red Hat RPM packaging

Derek Atkins derek@ihtfp.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:52:48 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, September 3, 2014 12:40 pm, Dave Botsch wrote:
> I would vote either for openafs.org or EPEL .
>
> EPEL is really good about making sure that they don't override base
> redhat packages and that packages in the repo don't brake w.r.t.
> dependencies.

I would add rpmfusion to this as well.  It's effectively the EPEL for
Fedora, and they also (IMHO) try very hard not to override base (fedora)
packages, again, so you don't hit broken dependencies.  I've been very
happy using rpmfusion on my systems and I can't think of any time I've hi=
an issue.

> ATRpms and others are really horrid about both of those.

+1000.  Do not, under ANY circumstances, use ATRpms.  Dependency Hell doe=
not begin to explain how bad you will be bitten.

Personally I've never heard of "ELRepo" until this message.  I'd avoid
RepoForge, I think RPMFusion does a much better job.

-derek