[OpenAFS] k5start and AFS tokens

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 22:29:20 +0200

On 26/09/14 19:34, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> This is because, if you specify a command, it runs that command and
> then cleans up and exits. It's specifically intended to run a
> long-running command or daemon while maintaining Kerberos tickets
> and optionally AFS tokens for that command. Which leads to the
> correct solution: instead of running your long running daemon and
> having a separate k5start to maintain tickets/tokens for it, use
> k5start to run the daemon so it can manage the tickets/tokens for it
> directly.

So, I was getting into trouble because aklog is not a long-running
command? Anyway, the daemon in question doesn't understand Kerberos or
AFS; I'm just trying to give an average daemon access to some files in
AFS. I thought k5start and its -t option would suffice, but perhaps I
wasn't using it properly. Any advice on that? If not, I suppose I can
always just make a cron job to run aklog every once in a while, but I
was hoping for a more elegant solution.

Thanks,

Jaap