[OpenAFS] Odd error on 'vos move'

Garance A Drosehn drosih@rpi.edu
Wed, 09 Dec 2015 13:59:12 -0500

On 7 Dec 2015, at 15:51, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Dec 2015, Garance A Drosehn wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I've been busy moving our AFS volumes from ancient file servers to
>> up-to-date file servers.  So far this has been going along well,
>> but last week I ran into an odd error moving one 10.79 GiB file.
>>
>> My main question is:  Could a problem like this be caused by my
>> AFS token expiring in the middle of the transfer?  [...]
>
> That sounds like a correct procedure.  Note that the credentials
> used by -localauth do not expire; I suggest using that for a
> long-running move.

Ooo.  That's a good idea, and kind of obvious now that you've pointed
it out.  Much better than having my script parse the output of the
'tokens' command to see how much time is left!  Thanks!

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad@FreeBSD.org