[OpenAFS] OpenaAFS apparently doesn't compile on linux 3.13.0-46-generic

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 20 Feb 2015 11:01:21 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Yvan Masson wrote:

> For information, there is currently the same kind of problem in Debian
> Jessie with kernel 3.16.7, see

Yes.  For Debian, at least, I can speak to the process for getting it
fixed in the official package repository.  The release-team has basically
rejected the thought of migrating the version in sid to jessie (it
includes a new upstream version as well as native systemd unit files,
which is a rather big set of changes), so I am preparing a small proposed
patch and will request permission to upload it to
testing-proposed-updates, from which the package can go into testing
(jessie) itself.

I am not sufficiently familiar with the Ubuntu stable release update
process to say what is needed for openafs in Ubuntu.

-Ben