[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.5 Linux client cache sizes

Volkmar Glauche volkmar.glauche@uniklinik-freiburg.de
Thu, 08 Jan 2015 15:20:00 +0100

Dear all,

we are running OpenAFS clients with up to 1TB space available for
cache partitions. These are multiuser cluster nodes where cache space
should be as large as possible. Until now, there was (inadvertently) a
limit of ~200GB set to the cache size by restrictive afsd options.
I now removed most of these options, my current command line for afsd
looks like

/usr/bin/afsd -chunksize 30 -fakestat -blocks <SPACE_ON_DEVICE>

Now it takes a very long time (~hours) to start up afsd, in some cases
the afs cache scan even fails with a kernel panic. Is there any way to
make efficient use of ~1TB cache partitions?

Volkmar

--
Freiburg Brain Imaging
http://fbi.uniklinik-freiburg.de/