[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client side hanging issue.

Raheel Baig raheelbaig@nccpl.com.pk
Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:56:04 +0500

--------------070105080907050409000708

Dear Concern.

We are working in cooperate company and running Linux servers like
Debian Os and on client side using windows 7. we are facing some issue
in Openafs with Windows 7 but same is  working properly with Windows XP.

Server and Client detail are as follow.
*
**Issue facing* :  we are using client side OS windows 7 and we have
installed AFS version 1.6.0104.. when we connect network drive it
connect proper and works fine but on some machines we are facing hanging
issue after hanging user are unable to access network drives .Some time
screen goes black just after obtaining token from AFS and also some
times Explorer gets hanged and eventually user had to restart the
machine in both cases for smooth operational work.

*Client side OS and AFSclient*: windows 7 , AFS version 1.6.0104 and MIT
version (Network Identity Manager) NetIDMgr 1.3.1.0

*Server side OS and AFS server* : Debain OS,
openafs-client.1.4.12.1,krb5-config 2.2 ,heimdal-clients 1.4.0

We would highly appreciate if you share any solution either or server
side or client side fixes or Microsoft Hotfix.

Regards,
M.Raheel Baig
Cell # 923452235622

--
Disclaimer: This communication may contain confidential or legally privileged information. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this communication is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify NCCPL immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system.

--------------070105080907050409000708

  <head>

  </head>
    Dear Concern. <br>
    We are working in cooperate company and running Linux servers like
    Debian Os and on client side using windows 7. we are facing some
    issue in Openafs with Windows 7 but same is&nbsp; working properly with
    Windows XP.&nbsp; <br>
    Server and Client detail are as follow. <br>
    <b><br>
    and we have installed AFS version 1.6.0104.. when we connect network
    drive it connect proper and works fine but on some machines we are
    facing hanging issue after hanging user are unable to access network
    drives .Some time screen goes black just after obtaining token from
    AFS and also some times Explorer gets hanged and eventually user had
    to restart the machine in both cases for smooth operational work.<br>
    <b>Client side OS and AFSclient</b>: windows 7 , AFS version
    1.6.0104 and MIT version (Network Identity Manager) NetIDMgr 1.3.1.0<br>
    <b>Server side OS and AFS server</b> : Debain OS,
    openafs-client.1.4.12.1,krb5-config 2.2 ,heimdal-clients 1.4.0<br>
    We would highly appreciate if you share any solution either or
    server side or client side fixes or Microsoft Hotfix.<br>
    Regards, <br>
    M.Raheel Baig <br>
    Cell # 923452235622<br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp; <br>

<HR WIDTH="100%" ALIGN="justify">
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in error, please notify NCCPL immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system.
Any opinion expressed in this email may be personal to the author, may not necessarily reflect the opinions of NCCPL and may be subject to change without notice.
NCCPL uses virus-scanning software, but exclude all liability for any viruses in any transmission.
NCCPL is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.</font></p>

<HR WIDTH="100%" ALIGN="justify">

--------------070105080907050409000708--