[OpenAFS] Request for Assistance with OpenAFS

Steven Mikes steven.mikes@globalfoundries.com
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:59:52 -0400

--089e0158a9cebc607d052fe8dab9

Hi All,
I am attempting to access an AFS cell which I believe is still using
Kerberos V4. Existing machines in the cell use the 'klog' command
(klog.krb) to obtain tokens.
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.2 with openAFS 1.6.17, and cannot figure out how
to authenticate. The /usr/bin/klog in my install is symlinked to
/etc/alternatives/klog, which is itself linked back to /usr/bin/klog.krb5,
so there doesn't see to be a v4 version of the command at all. I know it
was deprecated for security reasons and V5 is the recommended
authentication method, but the cell I need to connect to is still on V4. Is
there a way to configure krb5 so I can obtain tokens? I have tried various
options in the /etc/krb5.conf file with no luck yet. Any help is much
appreciated.
-Steven Mikes

#39;klog&#39; command (klog.krb) to obtain tokens.
igure out how to authenticate. The /usr/bin/klog in my install is symlinked=
 to /etc/alternatives/klog, which is itself linked back to /usr/bin/klog.kr=
b5, so there doesn&#39;t see to be a v4 version of the command at all. I kn=