[OpenAFS] broken callbacks

Andreas Hirczy ahi@itp.tugraz.at
Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:59:28 +0200

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> writes:

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, Andreas Hirczy wrote:
>

>>    I'd rather prefer not to increase -cb, since this seems to be not our
>>    usual usage pattern.
>
> Increasing -cb is pretty cheap; IIRC it's about 32 bytes of memory per
> callback, and the runtime overhead only comes into play at shutdown.

My impression was that 1Mi is already plenty; but increasing to 4 Mi
with an additional memory usage of just 96 MiBytes is no big deal.

> My draft change to auto-tune fileserver parameters for a target memory
> footprint at https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/c/11629/ just uses all the
> remaining memory footprint after the other parameters are tuned for
> callbacks.

Thanks - I will have a look at it and use it as a guide to further manual
tuning.

Best regards
Andreas
--
Andreas Hirczy <ahi@itp.tugraz.at>                  https://itp.tugraz.at/~ahi/
Graz University of Technology                       phone: +43/316/873-   8190