[OpenAFS] broken callbacks

Andreas Hirczy ahi@itp.tugraz.at
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:37:48 +0200

Mark Vitale <mvitale@sinenomine.net> writes:

> nFEs is the number of FileEntry table entries currently in use by the fileserver.
> One entry is used for each unique file (vnode) the fileserver has given callbacks for.
>
> nCBs is the number of CallBack table entries currently in use by the fileserver.
> One entry is used for each callback the fileserver has given out.

Thanks, so nCBs will always be greater than nFEs?

> You could use the fileserver -auditlog to track accesses by fid (which includes the volume id).

Thanks, I have activated -auditlog on one of our servers to see the
impact on the fileserver. Quite a lot of information - unfortunately
this requires a restart of the file server to de-/activate. It seems the
content is similar to FileLog after sending one TSTP to the fileserver,
but with a bit more information on transactionsans slightly easier to
parse.

> Or for grand totals, you can continue to store the information you are
> getting from xstat_fs_test.

Thats the plan to get a feeling for the base line utilization; I also
plan to monitor GotSomeSpaces.

Best regards
Andreas
--
Andreas Hirczy <ahi@itp.tugraz.at>                  https://itp.tugraz.at/~ahi/
Graz University of Technology                       phone: +43/316/873-   8190