[OpenAFS] kmod-openafs package in RHEL6 repos breaks updates

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 8 Jan 2016 16:56:10 +0100

Hi Berthold, long time no see...

On Jan 8, 2016, at 09:45 , Berthold Cogel wrote:

> Somehow a kmod-openafs package got in the RHEL6 x86_64 repos that =
breaks
> the update and installation process. I found this package in the repos
> for 1.6.14..1.6.16
>=20
> It's a module that seems to be build for a kernel 3.18, which is not
> available for RHEL6. At least not through the official channels:
>=20
> kmod-openafs-1.6.16-1.3.18.21_16.el6.x86_64

sigh. RHEL + external kernel modules is so broken, thanks to the Fedora =
religion :-(

The repositories (packages *and* metadata) are just rsynced from the =
place where Stephen provides them. Omitting select packages and =
rebuilding the metadata is certainly doable but yet more work for which =
there is no manpower available.

I'll see what I can do but please don't hold your breath...

Thanks for the report. At least it proves that some are still using the =
repository.

NB what are you using (or going to use) for EL7?

	Stephan