[OpenAFS] Release of MacOS 10 client

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:50:30 +0100

Hi Matthias,

http://gerrit.openafs.org/12176 contains a link =
http://download.sinenomine.net/openafs/bins/ . I can't find all the =
announced items there though.

IIRC there was some discussion in the past on whether it's appropriate =
to link to third party repositories from the web site. Maybe it should =
be revived. How about linking to the Auristor installers as well?

Stephan

<Matthias.Schroder@cern.ch> wrote:
>=20
> Hi Margarete,
>=20
> that sounds really good. Is the package, code or documentation already =
available somewhere? I am ready to give it a spin.
<emziemer@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>>=20
>> I had submitted the email below to openAFS-announce two days ago, =
where it =E2=80=9Cis awaiting moderator approval before being =
published=E2=80=9D.  To keep moving forward, I am repeat-posting here =
now.
>>=20
>> From: Margarete Ziemer <emziemer@sinenomine.net>
>> Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM
>> To: "openafs-announce@openafs.org" <openafs-announce@openafs.org>
>> Subject: Release of MacOS 10 client
>>=20
>>> SNA is happy to release our MacOS 10 AFS Client to OpenAFS.org. =
Specifically, the donation entails: 1) changes to packaging, 2) =
binaries, ie.SNA-signed install package files, 3) documentation of =
build-process for packages.  The versions of the packages and OpenAFS =
are OpenAFS 1.6.15, OpenAFS 1.6.16, Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite), and Mac =
OSX 10.11 (El Capitan).  Please note that, at present, this code is =
considered a pre-release.  Three of SNA=E2=80=99s customers have been =
beta testing it with positive results, and community testing and use is =
sought for soonest for bug findings and their resolutions. This release =
will be SNA-certified, because the OpenAFS Foundation is not yet capable =
of signing; as soon as the Foundation will be ready to do so, SNA will =
make available the then-current and future releases to the Foundation =
for the Foundation's signature and (re-)release to the community. =20