[OpenAFS] Client install on Windows Server 2012R2

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 18:18:00 -0400

> > We tried an install of OpenAFS for Windows 1.7.31 from the openafs.org
> > website, but got a missing DLL error (sorry, he closed the shared screen
> > too fast for me to jot it down) when trying to run the server manager to
> > do a config of the cell.

I believe we successfully used 1.7.31 on 2012R2... though we're now
running 1.7.33(01?).

> FYI, as of July 29th all new installations of Windows will require
> Secure Boot.  At that time Microsoft signed device drivers will become
> mandatory.  AuriStor, Inc. hopes to have its Windows client approved for
> Microsoft's signatures by that date.

Can you provide reference to the above? I've heard inklings of te signed
device drivers but nada about requirements of Secure Boot.

--
David William Botsch