[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS release 1.6.18 available

Simon Wilkinson simon@auristor.com
Mon, 9 May 2016 15:35:36 +0100

> I've heard that the performance penalty here is roughly 50% - Is this =
correct?
>=20
> I've also heard that this is fixed in the Auristor client - Is this =
correct?

I haven=92t done any benchmarking of recent OpenAFS clients, so I can=92t =
comment on the level of the performance penalty. However, when I =
originally wrote the splice() code it had a significant performance =
benefit, so I would imagine disabling it will have a speed impact.

I can confirm that the AuriStor client takes a different approach to =
fixing this issue, and has no performance hit from doing so.

Cheers,

Simon.
=97=20
Simon Wilkinson