[OpenAFS] Stuck in Quick start guide at "fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'"

Karl-Philipp Richter richter@richtercloud.de
Fri, 13 May 2016 20:27:40 +0200

Am 14.03.2016 um 14:24 schrieb Chas Williams:
> Then you should have permission to read root.cell.  Did you add admin
> to the system:administrators group?  Do the pts commands work?
>
> While poking around I found this gentoo document which seems to
> cover what you want:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenAFS
>
> Search for :mount
Good hint, thanks. I tried all sorts of variations of `fs setacl
/afs/.:mount/richtercloud.de:root.afs/. system:anyuser rl` with
`dynroot` notation and `root.cell` as well which all fail with the
mentioned error.

`admin` is a member of `system:administrators` according to `sudo pts
membership admin -localauth`. `pts createuser` didn't cause any trouble.

>> What could I use as alternative to `aklog` to try it out?
> Usually you create the /usr/local/NoAuth file instead of using the above.
On Ubuntu 16.04 I ran `sudo bos setauth richtercloud.de -authrequired
off -noauth` to create `/etc/openafs/server/NoAuth` assuming that's the
recommended way to create that file (as all files in OpenAFS).

-Kalle