[OpenAFS] Re: build error when linking with heimdal-dev (Re: [OpenAFS] bosserver -noauth& changes cell to localcell)

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 22:39:26 +0000

anyway just to get something that compiles
git clone https://github.com/openafs/openafs.git (openafs 1.8.0pre1-41-g6b7=
b4)

so 1.8 compiles but  still changes ThisCell & CelllServDB to localcell afte=
r setting to creedon.biz

I have no idea why this happens.=20

tedc
From: Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@auristor.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:38:25 PM
To: Michael Meffie
Cc: Ted Creedon; openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Re: build error when linking with heimdal-dev (Re: [=

On 4/13/2017 4:08 PM, Michael Meffie wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:31:39 -0400
> Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 16:58:57 +0000
>> Ted Creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like the compile failure is described in:
>>> https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2016-August/041890.htm=
>>>
>>> trying to figure that  out now.
>>

> Hello Ted,
>
> Does your build work if you manually change the following line in
> src/config/Makefile.config  (*after* running ./configure)
>
> KRB5_LIBS =3D -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/heimdal -lkrb5
>
> to:
>
> KRB5_LIBS =3D -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/heimdal -lkrb5 -lasn1
>
> It looks like we need to add -lasn1 anywhere libauth.a is linked (when us=
ing
> heimdal libs). Currently that is only done when building aklog.

That is an incorrect fix. -lasn1 should neither be added for aklog nor
libauth.

akimpersonate_v5gen.c is wrong in the Heimdal case.  It is making direct
usage of Heimdal ASN1 macros when it should be following the model used
for rxkad.  I'm not entirely sure why akimpersonate has its own v5gen
source files.

Jeffrey Altman