[OpenAFS] Re: build error when linking with heimdal-dev (Re: [OpenAFS] bosserver -noauth& changes cell to localcell)

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 02:51:45 +0000

The strace is ~ 40 lines long & is useless..

what (dir, file) permissions are required?

I'd suggest removing any cell improvements since the error messages are mis=
leading.

ted
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:11 PM
To: Ted Creedon
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Re: build error when linking with heimdal-dev (Re: [=

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 10:39:26PM +0000, Ted Creedon wrote:
> anyway just to get something that compiles
> git clone https://github.com/openafs/openafs.git (openafs 1.8.0pre1-41-g6=
b7b4)

> so 1.8 compiles but  still changes ThisCell & CelllServDB to localcell af=
ter setting to creedon.biz

> I have no idea why this happens.

CreateLocalCellConfig() does so; it is called if afsconf_Open()
fails for the server configuration directory, presumably intended as
an aid to first-time administrators.
Showing a complete strace log of the failed run would probably
indicate why, but would requre the entire log, which would mean it
is a large file.  Just exerpts are unlikely to suffice.

-Ben