[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client under LXC?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Wed, 9 Aug 2017 21:04:09 -0500

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 06:58:34PM -0700, Richard Feltstykket wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Sorry, was trying to squeeze in a quick reply in between classes.

Understood, and if I had thought more about my reply the rebooting question
would not have been asked in the first place.

> Yes, I did a dist-upgrade, and a new kernel was installed, and DKMS did run.  I will try purging and reinstalling the client tonight, that should address any mismatches, yes?  I'll also remove any other kernels and headers at the same time, just to be sure.

purge+reinstall is definitely enough to rule out a mismatch, yes.
And, probably the ubuntu version + package number you already sent is
enough to find the ubuntu changelog entry for the kernel update you took, but
it is perhaps slightly more authoritative for you to find it in
/usr/share/doc/linux-<mumble>/ or via apt-listchanges.
(But I am in the middle of something else and can't go look for it
on my end right now.)

-Ben