[OpenAFS] Xeon PHI port

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 22:05:08 -0500

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:03:54PM +0000, Ted Creedon wrote:
> Intel is planning a bootable XeonPhi 244? thread cpu. Is anyone aware of/or has  ideas on an OPENMP version of AFS? I expect 16gb of McDRAM onboard.

The current openafs architecture has quite poor parallel
scalability; any engineering investment of the scale that would be
needed to add OpenMP support would be better directed at updating
the locking scheme to modern standards, finishing off the support
for modern cryptography, or working towards IPv6 support.

In short, no, I am not aware of such a version of openafs.

-Ben