[OpenAFS] Re: build error when linking with heimdal-dev (Re: [OpenAFS] bosserver -noauth& changes cell to localcell)

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Wed, 3 May 2017 16:32:23 -0400

Just to follow-up on this thread, I was working offline with Ted and we've
sorted out his installation issues.  We built and installed OpenAFS 1.6.20.2 on
his system.

> 1. Create default ThisCell/CellServDB files in the path the servers expect.
> yes
>
> 2. Use asetkey to create the KeyFile/KeyFileEx
> yes

Since this is 1.6.20 (not 1.8.0pre1) and Ted is using an AES enctype, the
correct thing to do was install service key directly as the file rxkad.keytab,
instead of running asetkey.  Ted is using traditional paths, so we created the
file /usr/afs/etc/rxkad.keytab

> 3. Start the bosserver (without -noauth)
> yes and it exits here
>
> 4. Run authenticated bos to setup the cellname, hosts, and superusers
> never gets this far

Once the rxkad.keytab was in place, the bossever was started without -noauth,
then authenticated bos commands worked. We were able to setup the cellname,
hosts, and superusers with bos as normal.

Best regards,
Mike

--
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>