[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Win 1.7.3301 not working on windows 1709 ?

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Tue, 31 Oct 2017 10:30:43 -0400

Without an infusion of money and/or interested developers, OpenAFS will
certainly have a rough go of it.

I'm hoping we can shortly start fundraising... if each organization
denotes at least $1K... that goes a LONG way towards paying one or more
folk to work on stuff.

Thanks.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 02:17:17PM +0000, Anders Hannus wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> I have done an in-place upgrade on three Windows 10 1607 to Windows 10 =
1709 and afs 1.7.3301 is still working. There are some issues on 1607 tha=
t I think is still there. I haven't tried much as we are now in the final=
 stage of our project to leave our afs servers and replace that with a De=
ll FluidFS solution with SMB and nfs protocols.
>=20
> My opinion is that OpenAFS is dead. The main alternatives are SMB and A=
uristore. We decided that we no longer wanted a client for the filesystem=
.
>=20
> /anders
>=20
.org] On Behalf Of Lars Schimmer
> Sent: den 20 oktober 2017 12:03
> To: openafs-info@openafs.org
> Subject: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS Win 1.7.3301 not working on windows 1709 ?
>=20
> Hi!
>=20
> One of our clients did a upgrade to Fall creators Update 1709 on window=
s 10.
>=20
> Now the OpenAFS service get a error 1064 on starting, even after removi=
ng, reboot and reinstall OpenAFS again.
> Although some others did report it does work on a pre-release of 1709.
>=20
> Any one has some ideas?
>=20
> has the time arrived that we need to ditch OpenAFS and replace it with =
smb?
>=20
> Thank you.
>=20
> MfG,
> Lars Schimmer
> --
> TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
> Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
> Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20