[OpenAFS] Does vos release/volume replication always initiates data transfer from RW site?

Todd Lewis utoddl@email.unc.edu
Mon, 6 Aug 2018 08:44:57 -0400

Given the two-site scenario below, and successful manual replication as
outlined by Jeffrey further below, you then have two RO volumes at site
B as desired.

If "vos release" is enough of a problem to warrant this manual
intervention, then won't subsequent releases from the RW site A now be
twice as consuming, and therefore justify (?) removal of the 2nd replica
prior to a release, then the release, followed by a repeat of the
dump/restore/addsite process to recreate the 2nd replica? This can be
scripted, but it's a balance between the extra work for the admin vs for
the machines/network.
--
Todd Lewis