[OpenAFS] Obtaining tokens at login on Ubuntu 18.04

Gaja Sophie Peters gaja.peters@uni-hamburg.de
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:38:26 +0200

Am 17.08.2018 um 02:41 schrieb Prasad K. Dharmasena:
> I've installed OpenAFS and pam-afs-session on Ubuntu 18.04 (bionic) via (a)
> vendor supplied packages, and (b) building from source (1.6.22.3).  On both
> machines, logging in via gdm doesn't get me a token.
>
> Has anyone else seen this on Ubuntu 18.04?  (I've had this working for a
> while now on Ubuntu 16.04 -- building from 1.6.20+ source with
> pam-afs-session 2.6.)

We had some success with an "aklog.service" as described in

https://www.mail-archive.com/openafs-info@openafs.org/msg40604.html

The main problem that we face at the moment is that there are TWO
sessions opened, and (especially in "Ubuntu"-Session) depending on which
program is started, it lives in the one or the other. Most notable
"xterm" and "gnome-terminal" have to different sessions - which in the
end means that an "aklog" needs to be performed in both... The above
mentioned script tries to help with that, but it's not quite perfect yet.

Greetings,
Gaja Peters