[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.8.0 beta 4 available

Gaja Sophie Peters fmsv030@uni-hamburg.de
Thu, 11 Jan 2018 12:47:43 +0100

Am 06.01.2018 um 03:22 schrieb Benjamin Kaduk:

> The OpenAFS Guardians are happy to announce the availability of the fourth
> prerelease candidate of OpenAFS 1.8.0.

What better opportunity to test the new release, than when the DKMS of
the old release from jessie (1.6.9-2+deb8u6) AND from jessie-backports
( fails to build on the new kernel with the
"Meltdown"-fixes (which for Debian-Jessie is 3.16.0-5-amd64)...

I created packages in a way similar to what I wrote in
only that I did it all on a Debian Jessie system, instead of Ubuntu 14.04.

So far everything works fine, the DKMS-module was built successfully and
the AFS-client seems completely usable.

Gaja Peters

P.S. In case anybody can (or wants to) make use of these packages, I
copied them to the AFS in the publicly accessible directory