[OpenAFS] Trouble deleting server (vos changeaddr -remove)

Jonathan Proulx jon@csail.mit.edu
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 13:11:40 -0400

Hi All,

I'm trying to decomission a fileserver but my last step of removign
it:

vos changeaddr -old 128.30.2.196 -remove -localauth -verbose

fails with:
Could not remove server 128.30.2.196 from the VLDB
VLDB: volume Id exists in the vldb

but I see no volumes in vldb or locally

vos listvldb -s 128.30.2.196 -localauth
VLDB entries for server 128.30.2.196

Total entries: 0

vos listvol -s 128.30.2.196 -localauth
Total number of volumes on server 128.30.2.196 partition /vicepa: 0

Total volumes onLine 0 ; Total volumes offLine 0 ; Total busy 0

The only reference I could find serching hte mailing list is to soeone
tryng to remove one (incorrect) IP from a (notreally) multihomed host.

but in my case `vos listaddrs -printuuid` only shows the one address
for the given uuid.

How do I make htis go away? it's always worked in the past :)

The server was behaving 'badly' prior to going out of service causing
it do periodically requiring all volumes to be salvaged.  This
probably isn't relevant, but there are definitely ghosts in this
machine & seems they've crawled into the vldb some how?

Thanks.
-Jon