[OpenAFS] using Samba to access AFS volume

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Wed, 9 May 2018 09:35:41 +0200

--0KyIpBIQwdPnU1ALxjgDsIita2LasdhRu
From: Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at>
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] using Samba to access AFS volume

--4NVvsiUbTaAcqRumYh3yGaxtoyUxMGaY9

On 05/08/18 17:37, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am 07.05.2018 um 06:49 schrieb S P Arif Sahari Wibowo:
>=20
>> I am looking for configuration for accessing AFS volume using current
>> version of Samba.
>=20
> Wondering about the use case here. There's an AFS client for Windows as=

> well...

A good use case would be migration from OpenAFS to something else.
Also devices speaking smb, but not OpenAFS, like printers, android, or
alike.

IMHO the last wokring bridge was on HP-UX years ago. Thats why we did a
complete copy of oyur data into new smb servers.

> Bye...
>=20
> =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Dirk
>=20

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=C3=BCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723