[OpenAFS] 1.8.0: Cache inconsistent after vos release

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Thu, 31 May 2018 12:01:38 -0500

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 11:26:00AM -0400, Matt Vander Werf wrote:
> Hi Mark/Ben/others,
>
> Do you know approx. when the next 1.8.x release might be taking place (with
> this fix and others)? Or any estimated time frame for the next release?
> (Maybe a 1.8.0.1 release?)
>
> I know this fix has been committed to git now and there are some other
> cache-related fixes that also look promising that are in git now as well.

We've got a few important fixes to roll into a 1.8.1, due out "as
soon as the bits are in place":

- panic when cache bypass is enabled
- panic during shutdown and periodic flush, on *BSD
- broken volume callback
- OS X fixes
- some more RPM packaging fixes
- Solaris build fixes
- make public headers/shared libraries more usable

There's a little bit more left to be done on the last one, but
otherwise the rest of the pieces are basically in place, and just
the mechanical work of cherry-picking and making the release.
We've been sitting in "hopefully next week" for a few weeks now,
unfortunately -- life conspires to introduce delay.

-Ben