[OpenAFS] Questions regarding `afsd` caching arguments (`-dcache` and `-files`)

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun@gmail.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2019 23:39:50 +0200

[Replying also to the list, just to mention the benchmarking technique.]

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 11:11 PM Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@auristor.com> wrote:
> The performance issues could be anywhere and everywhere between the
> application being used for testing and the disk backing the vice partition.

The issue is not the backing disk as using the same benchmarking
technique (see bellow) I get around ~270 MiB/s from the actual
`/vicepX` files.

The technique is simple (i.e. list all files, randomize them, and then
`cat` them 128 at a time to `/dev/null`):

  find . -type f | sort -R | xargs -P 64 -n 128 -- cat > /dev/null

Ciprian.