[OpenAFS] AFS fails to build on FreeBSD

Michael H Lambert lambert@psc.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2019 11:17:01 -0400

> On 15 Mar 2019, at 11:11, Andreas Ladanyi <andreas.ladanyi@kit.edu> =
wrote:
>=20
> AFS 1.6.23 fails to build on FreeBSD 11.2
>=20
> make tells me:
>=20
> dont know how to make ./param.amd64_fbsd_112.h. Stop
>=20
> Could somebody assist me, please ?

I don't have it in front of me right now, but at least on 1.8.x (I =
haven't tried 1.6.x), it's necessary to create that file based on the =
FreeBSD 11.1 version and add a systype for 11.2 into some other file(s) =
(a grep for fbsd should help).  It was actually pretty straightforward =
and it seems stable (at least the client; I haven't tried the server).

Perhaps the FreeBSD maintainer can update ports soon...

Michael