[OpenAFS] Git throwing bus error when pack files not entirely cached

Mark Vitale mvitale@sinenomine.net
Sat, 25 Apr 2020 14:33:48 +0000

Ciprian,

On Apr 22, 2020, at 8:34 AM, Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.craciun@gmail.c=
om> wrote:
>=20
> Sorry for reviving this old thread, but this happened to me also.

I can now reproduce this at will on both 1.8.0 and master.  Although it can=
 certainly
be provoked by a small cache, that is not a requirement; my cache is large =
enough to
hold any of the pack files, and I am seeing 'bus error' while simply clonin=
g a
relatively small OpenAFS repo.

The bus error is happening in kernel code due to an error on a page fault
for one of the pack files which git has mmap'd.

However, I don't yet know the root cause.  Even though I can reproduce this=
 at will,
I'm having difficulties using systemtap to find out exactly what is wrong.

I'll keep you informed of my progress.

Regards,
--
Mark Vitale