[OpenAFS] 14 Jan 2021 08:25:36 GMT Breakage in RX Connection ID calculation

Neil Brown neilb+afs@inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 17:19:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021, Jeffrey E Altman wrote:

> Patches to correct the flaw are available from OpenAFS Gerrit
>
>  https://gerrit.openafs.org/14491
>  rx: rx_InitHost do not overwrite RAND_bytes rx_nextCid
>
>  https://gerrit.openafs.org/14492
>  rx: update_nextCid overflow handling is broken

Jeffrey,

Informatics at the University of Edinburgh, are very grateful for you and
AuriStor's quick response to this, as I'm sure are many other members of
this list.

Also thanks, to the other members of this list with their efforts in
diagnosing the root cause.

Hopefully we'll be able to try a patched version tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Neil
--
  Neil Brown - Computing Officer - Appleton Tower 7.12a | Neil.Brown @ ed. ac.uk
  School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh        | Tel: +44 131 6504422

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.