[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.8.7 available

Christian chanlists@googlemail.com
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:25:26 +0100

Dear all,

here is what I used for Denian buster to build packages:

apt-get build-dep openafs [as root]

as user, do not do this on server (tests may fail):

mkdir afssrc
cd afssrc
apt-get source openafs
cd openafs-1.8.2
quilt push -a
quilt new fix-rx-overflow.patch
quilt add src/rx/rx.c
vi src/rx/rx.c
[manually apply changes from gerrit]
quilt refresh
quilt header -e
[Meaningful text describing patch in editor, include refference to
gerrit pages]
quilt pop -a
vi debian/changelog
[Insert a new version section at the top for 1.8.2-2, copy and edit from
1.8.2-1]
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

Best,

Christian