[OpenAFS] Problem building a Debian package in AFS

deb251@lewenberg.com deb251@lewenberg.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2021 12:56:24 -0700

On 9/10/2021 7:18 AM, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 06:23:23AM -0700, deb251@lewenberg.com wrote:
>> I have two Debian servers: one is buster and one is bullseye. They both run
>> the openafs-client service. When I run "gbp buildpackage mypackage" it
>> completes successfully on both servers as long as the directory where I run
>> "gbp" is _not_ in AFS. If I run "gbp" in an AFS directory it completes
>> successfully on the buster server but fails almost immediately if run on the
>> bullseye server.
>>

> In AFS, hard links are only possible within the same directory.  Could
> that be the problem here?

I don't think so. There are no hard links that I can find.

Also, this would not explain why the package build works on buster and
not on bullseye even though both servers mount the exact same AFS directory.